do you still?

do you still get gifts for you your ex inlaws?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't have any EX inlaws but if I did you could bet your butt I wouldn't be exchanging gifts with them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I don't have any ex-in-laws either. I barely get gifts from my current in-laws. MIL conveniently forgets to get me any presents when she's shopping for hubby and our kids.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• If you have their grandchildren, as much as you may not like to do it, I suggest giving the children X amount of dollars and letting them get or make them a gift. It helps teach your kids that it's okay to still love them and that people can still be friends even if there's a divorce in the family. Doesn't mean you have to socialize with them or anything like that, but to me, it'd be the right thing to do.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I don't have any but if I did I wouldn't buy them gifts
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I dont have (knock on wood) but if i did, I love my inlaws and if something happens in my marriage ithas nothing to do with them so i may or maynot. i think it depends on how things go after the divorce. But i would definately get presents from my son. They will be his noni and papa and uncles regardless of whether i remain married or not and i hate seeing families fall apart like that because of divorce so i defiantely wouldn't want that to happen.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I wanted to clarify my answer. The question was would I still exchange gifts with Ex-inlaws. The answer is no, for me. Having my children exchange gifts with their grandparents is an entirely different story.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2008