Flu.....

I got a very bad flu last night,and feel terrible today,any healthy remedies to use as i am 27 weeks pregnant, dont want anything to go wrong in my pregnancy...thanx in advance!

dienkies22

Asked by dienkies22 at 7:19 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• drinks lots of fluids and rest. call the dr they may be able to help.
    ncmomma3152

Answer by ncmomma3152 at 7:25 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I agree completely with the pp. Fluids, rest and call your doctor for some other options. I believe Tylenol is safe but again, check first.

Hope you're feeling better.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:40 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I had the flu the last time I was pregnant; had to go to the hospital and get pumped up with fluids because I was becoming dehydrated.

Make sure you stay hydrated and get plenty of rest. I'd avoid Tylenol and other meds. Keep taking your vitamins, though some extra Vitamin C and Vitamin D would certainly help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Call ur dr quickly. Within 48 hrs they can give you flu medicine (cant remember the name) I had it in march and was hospitalized bc of it. Dr said there was an increased miscarriage risk and they didnt want to take chances on me just battling through it. They gave me fluids and such because I could not take the medicine since I had just had it the week before to try and stop the flu when my son had it. Good Luck and feel better. Oh and I wasnt trying to scare you sorry if I did. But I wish someone had told me the risks and I would have taken more care.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 9:14 AM on May. 11, 2011