Mothers Day

What did all the Moms get for Mothers Day?

My hubby got me a plant for our flower garden. Then my hubby and step son made me breakfast - Butter Milk Waffles with coffee.

MrsDAP

Asked by MrsDAP at 7:25 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• DH gave me a Pandora knockoff bracelet that I love. My parents gave me a Bath & Body Works gift set and treated everyone to lunch. My brother took us out for ice cream. The kids gave me a spa gift certificate and my DD gave me a marigold in a pot she painted herself.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:55 PM on May. 11, 2011

• honestly I got nothing I feel so unappreciated not even a card bought or home made
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 7:27 AM on May. 11, 2011

• hubby made me breakfast, i got a new camera and my kids made me things in school.
    ncmomma3152

Answer by ncmomma3152 at 7:31 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My husband wrote something in his status on facebook.... I also got a card, but the only reason he remembered that was because I had to pick up cards for HIS mom from the kids, and he happened to be there.

I didn't even get to sleep in.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:33 AM on May. 11, 2011

• @ Smurfyangel - I'm sorry..... I know how that feels on a daily basis. For some reason, hubby said, "this is Moms day and she shouldnt have to do anything"...... that wore off after breakfast.
    @ Zoeyis - I feel the same.... I did not expect anything. Breakfast was good and my step son made me a card.
    @ Ncmomma3152 - What kind of camera? I'm in the market for a new one.
    @ Xynyth - I'm sorry, you should have at least been able to sleep in!
    MrsDAP

Comment by MrsDAP (original poster) at 7:43 AM on May. 11, 2011

• lol, my DH just sucks at things like this. He appreciates me the rest of the year though, just not through actions :p I expect a complete let down for my birthday this week too, but like I said, it's expected lol.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:56 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Oh and my mom got me a flower lol :D
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:03 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My husband had the older kids make cards while I cooked Mothers' Day breakfast. The youngest made hers in Sunday school. And we got crafts from school: a couple plants, a garden stone, a handprint...

I bought myself an iced latte, that was very welcome because I had a lot of teaching and meetings and lawnmowing to do that day.

It was a great day, but not traditionally. All I wanted really was the cards and I got them.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:16 AM on May. 11, 2011

• a leather purse
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:31 PM on May. 11, 2011