Pregnant and allergies! What to take??

Well, it's allergy season again and I am going NUTS! Congested sinus's, sneezing, itchy eyes. And this time, I am pregnant! What to do? Does anyone know what is safe to take? Or do I just have to live with it?

MamaTL

Asked by MamaTL at 8:16 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was given a list of safe meds when I was pregnant but I don't have it now (or at least don't know where it is). Contact your doctor's office and find out if you can get that list or if they can recommend something safe for you to take. Best of luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:19 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My OB gave me the OK on using chlorpheniramine, but check with your OB's office, since the list of safe/unsafe drugs changes over time.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:26 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I used sigular when I was prego ! But ask you doctor hope you get some relief !
    Sweetdarling09

Answer by Sweetdarling09 at 8:35 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Just went through this last month. This is what my dr told me. You can take Allegra Cingulair Any Sudafed product use saline drops or a neti (sp?) pot. All those are safe in pregnancy. She told me allegra or cingulair is better because it actually deals with the problem instead of just the symptoms. I used Allegra and it worked really well. Good Luck Mama!!
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 9:05 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My doc told me I could take claritin or the generic (which is what I take every day) the whole time I was pregnant. My son is almost 7 months old so I was told that fairly recently. Allergies are awful right now! Good luck!!!!!!!

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 9:05 AM on May. 11, 2011

• claritin or benedrly is fine to take.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:12 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My midwife & pharmacist both said Claritin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I took Claritan. Not the D version they keep behind the pharmacy counter.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:28 PM on May. 11, 2011