Help I am so emotional already this morning. Please read.

I am already in tears this morning. Well first of all I am 27 weeks and 1 day pregnant and I have already gained 50 pounds this pregnancy and that was my weight last weeks appointment. I went 2 weeks before that and I gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks and I am not even eating that much. I told dh that I want some fruit and veggies for snacks and stuff he said it is to expensive for fruit. He said he can get me some fruit in a can so I don't know. I thought it would be chaper to buy fruit rather than cans if I have to buy me enough to last me until next friday and if that is all I am eating for snacks. I feel like a cow. I know I am pregnant and have an excuse, but still I feel so big I went for a walk yesterday and I only got up the street until I became out of breath. Then this morning dh told me he loved me before leaving for work and I don't know I started crying. I know it is cause I am pregnant, but I don't know how he can love me with how big I have gotten. I was 138 before getting pregnant this time around and I am already at 188 and that was last week. I am crying because pregnant or not I don't want to be 200 pounds. It is supose to be 80 degrees today I am in shorts it is like 70 right now. I am wearing this tank top and it makes me look huge so I wore a jacket to take my dd to the bus stop because I am so embarrassed. People tell me I look like I am about to pop anyday now so it embarresses me when I tell them I have another 3 months. I am afraid to eat to gain anymore eight even though I know I have to eat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm so sorry! :( I don't have a lot to say, but I do know that weight gain doesn't necessarily have anything to do with looking like you are about to have the baby. I had people telling me the same thing (and because of morning sickness had only gained 5 pounds). These ladies INSISTED I was having our little girl ANY DAY, but I had 3 MORE MONTHS!!! I think it was just how she was laying. She wasn't a big baby, but I carried her high and had some extra fluid. :)

Look for fruit that is in season. Bananas aren't that expensive either. MUCH cheaper then canned fruit. You can also go early in the morning and buy fruit that is marked down and then eat it in the next day or two. Just don't go looking for a certain kind of fruit - buy what is a good price. And get the ads. Grapes are starting to go on sale for about $1.50 a pound. You can get a lot of grapes for that. :)

Keep focus on eating healthy!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:28 AM on May. 11, 2011

• We get very emotional during pregnancy. We also worry a lot. The complete joy will come once your baby is in your arms. The way you look or feel will be last of your worries.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 8:47 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Talk to your doctor. She should be able to give you advice. Did she not bring it up?

Lots of water. That's free. Then the big bags of apples are cheap, and carrots aren't bad, they make good snacks, or celery. Are you maybe gaining a lot of water weight from swelling? That's something to watch.

About exercise. Start it slowly. If you suddenly do too much when it's too hot, you can get in BIG trouble in pregnancy. Dehydration, over-exertion... it's good to do, butr a couple short walks and then a little longer each day is so much safer than to panic and do a ton. Also, it lets you not get injured, because if you suddenly do a lot, your knee or ankle or something could be hurt and then you'd be stuck doing nothing for ages.

I would be panicking too (I do gain a little much weight in pregnancy myself) but I want to make sure you stay healthy
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:53 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My goodness, sweetheart! Call your obstetrician right NOW. Your hormones are going wild, and you're beating yourself up. That little life Inside u is very lucky that mom loves him or her SO much. To best care for baby, u MUST care for mom. If depression is so bad now, u could be at risk for post partum depression after delivery. The best time to treat for it is BEFORE it hits. Go ASAP to your doctor. I know, because i been there-twice. Please please go. Fruit is high I agree, but there are affordable ways to get some. Find a farmer's market-look online. U can also find an orchard and home-can. Very cost effective. Some orchards will even give discount on fruit past its prime-cut out the rotten spots and can less pretty chunks. I try to save money any way I can-homecanning is a big one. U have to spend a bit upfront, but savings over the year are great. U have 3 months, make the most of it. I'll pray for u. God luvs u!C UR DR!
    justamom22

Answer by justamom22 at 9:02 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Tracys2

actually I had to go back last week for an ultrasound because I was measuring to big. So he wanted to measure baby. The baby was measuring last week 2 weeks ahead at 2 pounds 5 ounces. He didn't say anything about my weight so I asked him and he said ya that is a lot of weight wow. I have to write down what I am eating for him he said it may not be how much I am eating, but what I am eating. I go back in 2 weeks for a glucose test. I do drink lot of water. I mean lots. That is all I drink all day long with a pop every once in a great while. And maybe once in a while a glass of koolaid, but mostly water. He didn't say anything about water weight, but I don't look like I am swollen either. With my first baby I was 120 before pregnancy by time I had her I was 185, but I ate all day and mcdonalds every singler day for 4 months and had a lot of water with her cont..........
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:07 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I lost everything, but 20 pounds with her. Then lost the 10 right before getting pregnant with baby 2 (without trying to lose it). I gained 43 with her and lost all of it. Then this one I have gained 50 already and I haven't ate out, but a couple times this time around and I am not eating as much as I did the first 2.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:08 AM on May. 11, 2011

• justamom22

they are closed today. Every wednesday they are closed I don't want to call for him to be paged since it isn't an emergency and they want you to only call for an emergency. My first I wasn't emotinal at all. My second I was, but not that bad. This time I find myself once I am crying about something it is an all day thing. Thanks for the prayers
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:12 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I would talk with your doctor about your situation. I was 135lbs and went to 190lbs when i was pregnant. I can honestly say i was horrible i was always eating----everything! LOL, after i had my baby i was really depressed. I became really careful with what I ate and exercised. I am now 120lbs. I think we all go through this. I would talk to my ob to make sure there are no health related reasons. If not just try to eat in moderation and exercise(even if its a half of block), and enjoy the excitement of a new baby coming into your life.
    P.S-- Some of my sweetest memories was strolling my daughter around my neighborhood.
    emve2001

Answer by emve2001 at 10:06 AM on May. 11, 2011

• my mother gained 80 pounds with her second pregnancy and on 27 with her first... just the luck of the draw.
    feliciouss626

Answer by feliciouss626 at 10:09 AM on May. 11, 2011

• 1. Canned fruit whill put on more weight and is actually pricier. Find a farmer's market.

2. Aside from the fruit issue, your hubby is a smart guy. Real Men don't care about looks; they care about what's INSIDE the physical body. If he DIDN'T love you because of your weight, then I'd say kick him to the curb. But because he DOESN'T care... he's a real keeper that many women would KILL to have.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:37 AM on May. 11, 2011