Should i be concerned? 2 year old woke up with right eyelid swollen

its a little red but swollen, and you can see a big difference when looking at the other normal eyelid. i touched it and she didn't wince or cry, and i asked her if that hurts and she said no. but on the left side you can see her eyelid and on the right side its so swollen you cannot see the top eyelid. should i call her doctor and make sure it wasn't maybe a bugbite or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Is it itching or is there pain? You could call your doctor just to make sure but I don't think is nothing serious. Must be a bug bite as you have mentioned...
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 8:50 AM on May. 11, 2011

• It would be a bug bite, it could be sty, or it could be something else....CALL YOUR Doctor office when they open up and speak with them. (i'm waiting for my doctor office to open up this morning seeing my son woke up with blood draining out of his ear).
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:55 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Mine had slightly swollen red eye lids to the point I thought she had pink eye. Nope allergies, one does and the eye looked better in a few hours. Go see the doctor if it gets worse or she is bothered by it. Try a dose of Benadryl to reduce the swelling, if it is from a bug bite or allergies that should help.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:57 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Could be a lot of things... pink eye, allergies, maybe even an ingrown eyelash... but I'd go to the doctor and find out for sure.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:00 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Sounds like a blocked tear duct
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 9:35 AM on May. 11, 2011

• This happened to my son. Sinus infection.
    cmiranda6

Answer by cmiranda6 at 9:39 AM on May. 11, 2011

• could be a number of things but take her to the doctor.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:02 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I agree that it could be a number of different things, to find out for sure what is going on I think you should call the doctor and have your child looked at.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:21 AM on May. 11, 2011

• it could be a stye. I'd call it in.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:03 PM on May. 11, 2011