If bio mom doesnt show on weekday visits?

I printed off the 2011 calendar showing all parenting time visits and even tho she might get mad cz she's full of drama I am mailing it to her so she can't claim to be confused as she always does is this wrong of me? I am only doing it cz my ss sits here waiting and she always says to him oh I got my days mixed up

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 9:01 AM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• i be telling her she need to text or email and tell you she coming 2 days before her visits days . as its not fare on ss and i would not tell ss till the day before but my step kids are young

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 9:07 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Nope not your job to give make up time especially when its her own fault for missing the visits. (I am all too familiar with the coo coo bio mom dynamic) As far as your poor little ss i would just let him know that mom knows the days (I would even let him know that you sent her the calendar) And unfortunately you can't shield him from all the disappointments he will get from her. He will eventually realize that you and your dh did everything possible to make it easy for her to come see him and that it was her that didn't care enough to keep up her end. ss will see the light and will remember who was always there for him.
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 9:37 AM on May. 11, 2011

• nope its not wrong and i would also give one to ss and tell him you sent her a copy and she nows the dates that way when she doesnt show up it on her not you........
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:42 AM on May. 11, 2011

• i would mail her a copy so she cant claim YOU mixed up the days in court and denied her time.. my brother did the same as you (only she had custody and he always showed up on time, it was HER that mixed up the days) but anyways she couldnt say she didn't remember.. he also sent a text the day before saying he will be there at such and such a time in accordance to the time on his court paperwork so she really had no excuses.. then documented the times she still denied him.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:59 AM on May. 11, 2011

• That would be logical person if she communicated not her hubby text after not showing up after an hour her response is oh I forgot I will make ot up next week then hubby tells her no I'm documenting a no show then its well your denying me my time and we feel like she denies herself its not our job to call and see if she's coming and it states in the order she is to communicate if she's not coming this never happens this ie why I made the calendar so she can't say she didn't know and file a complaint saying she was denied the complaints are getting old we have never denied ne visits but no complaints can be made on our end we tried to and were told complaints are for when time is denied not refused wth
    rinamomof2

Comment by rinamomof2 (original poster) at 9:29 AM on May. 11, 2011