What questions do you have about the bible that still doesn't

make sense to you after you've asked? I've met someone who is really well studied in the bible and I'm meeting with him tomorrow, I can ask for you and update the answers on here if you want?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Honestly where all the other people came from after Adam and Eve were expelled from the garden of Eden. When I was young my Priest told me God put them there and to just have faith and stop asking so may questions. I've asked that again to a guy at another church who was there to "disprove" evolution and he just ignored my question. I have never had anyone give me a good answer to that question. Oh and so you know I am a christian and I believe and love God, and dont dought that he is there, I just have my way of viewing it so it makes since to me... And sometimes that makes people mad...
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• What is the Trinity?

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Adam and Eve lived 930 years and had more than 2 children. (Genesis 5:4)
    Anonymous

• This one bothered me. Moses is coming down the mountain with the first set of commandements. The Israelites haven't seen them yet and in their boredom they make a golden calf and began worshiping it...violating the first three commandments. Commandments they didn't KNOW about yet. Instead of punishing them, god ordered the slaughter of over 10,000 of the participants and their family members (including innocent ones). What was this supposed to teach them? And how is this merciful? I don't see it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• witchqueen --- God spoke the commandments before He wrote them. ( Exodus 20) Moses spoke them to the people, they took a vow to obey. (Exodus 24:3) Moses wrote them down. ( Exodus 24:4) Later, God wrote them with His finger. ( Exodus 24:12) While Moses was on the Mount, the people sinned against God by forming the calf. ( Exodus 32)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:02 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• virginiamama71-- the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, but the Bible does speak of God in three persons, Father, Son, Holy Spirit (Ghost) ( Acts 17: 29, Rom. 1: 20, Col. 2: 9; Rom. 1: 7, Heb. 1: 8, Acts 5: 3, 4; ) While three entities make up the Godhead (state of being God), they are one in nature, purpose, and thinking.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Lexylex, and the church say "Amen. lol
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 12:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Amen!!! WELL!!!! Lexy, I'm adding you as my friend 'cause I need a friend who is well read on the Bible!!!
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 4:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Lexy--please try answering my questions! What was this supposed to teach them? And how is it merciful?
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008