MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY DAUGHTER WAS A GOOD ONE WE WERE VERY CLOSE AND NOW I FEEL LIKE WE ARE STRANGERS AND THAT DEPRESSES ME ALOT.WHAT CAN I DO TO LET GO OF THESE FEELINGS?

summie321

Asked by summie321 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• how old is she? i have never been close to my mom, but always very close to my daughter. dd and i had a big bad fight six months ago and she moved out to live with my mom... we barely talked for a couple months, but things are back on track now. she eventually realized she missed our relationship too... hard to answer without a little more info.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i saw your other question about her being a mom now. she's got alot on her mind and is learning a whole new life. embrace this phase of your life where you get to concentrate on yourself and do things you enjoy for a change. it will not replace your relationship with your daughter but it will help you feel better - you won't feel such a gaping hole. offer to babysit, ask her out to lunch at a baby-friendly place. my mom likes to take my nieces to the kids part of the natural history museum... your grandchild might be young for that now, but there are things you can all do together.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Just be as supportive as you can right now to her. Let me tell you- I am 25 yr old and I was 6 months pregnant with my first child when my mother passed away. She was only 48, and my father passed away 15 years ago. Whether kids say it alot or not- they need their parents! I miss my mother every day and wish all the time that I could talk to her, spend time with her, or ask her for advice. Usually people don't realize what they have till its gone. Just be there for your daughter and don't lose touch with her, call her to check on her without making it into a "stalking" type situation (lol). It will be fine, just don't get to depressed about it- you still have her, so she his there to talk anytime!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Shoot- my Momma is my bestfriend! But I have those days when I am cleaning the house, raising Gauge, cooking...And I forget I was suppose to call. My Momma lives 18 hrs away and hardly ever gets to me or Gauge any more (she had to move home when he was 2 months, now he's 5 months) so she gets sad a lot. Don't worry- just be there for her. Ask if she wants you to keep the baby!
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 9:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2008