I feel soooooo bad.....

I have a 10 month old son, and yesterday he just whined and nagged all day (all darn day)! So sadly, after hearing it all day I lost my cool and yelled ''be quiet'' twice:( I feel horrible for losing my patience! I was in a bad mood for the rest of the day and sad as well. I feel like a horrible mom!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Happens to the best of us. :( It's hard to hear that all day long...it just grates on the nerves. Give him extra hugs, take deep breaths when he whines again (because he will) and don't be too hard on yourself. Hope you have a better day.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:34 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Don't be sad. I am also guilty of stress yelling. Just try to better next time, and remember because you care so much to post this post on here means you are a awsome mommy :)
    God Bless
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 9:36 AM on May. 11, 2011

• It happens, and next time put on head phones so you don't hear him, but you can see him to make sure he is okay.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:38 AM on May. 11, 2011

• dont be hard on yourself we all have those days (heck my are 9,13,15 and i still have those days.......when you feel like your going to loose it go in the bathroom turn on the water (high) and let it out.....you'll feel better
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:38 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Oh and when i yell at my kids, i go us to them and apoligize, helps them relize, mommy is human too. One time i yelled at my son, and went us to him and apoligized, i was so sad and i said, Drake do you think i am a bad mommy and his response was " no you make steaks, lol He ment mistake
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 9:39 AM on May. 11, 2011

• That happens to me, my son screams when I leave the room, or even stop eye contact! So when I look at him to say 'be quiet' he smiles so then I laugh! But really don't beat yourself up about it :)
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:40 AM on May. 11, 2011

• We've all been there hun. Don't be too hard on yourself. When my nerves start to fray like that, I count to 20 slowly. It really does help!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 9:42 AM on May. 11, 2011

• It's frustrating I feel u but yelling only upsets the child and they can't talk so that's how they communicate
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 9:47 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I think most of us have had days like that. I too, will apologize to mine while crying my eyes out. My dd is so sweet about it, too. No one said being a mommy is easy!! Hope you have a much easier day!!!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:06 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Hugs! As a mom of 3 I can say that I have had days like that too. I would say give him a hug and say "sorry, mommy did not mean to yell, mommy is feeling crabby today."
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:41 AM on May. 11, 2011