How bad is my diet really...

1-10 10 being awful. How bad is it how much/what I eat each day

Yesterday-
Brkfst: 6 oz. instant breakfast
Lunch: can of veggie soup/cambells chunky
Snack: 2 sweet pickles/gherkins
Dinner: 1/2 chicken breast, 2 helpings of mashed potatoes/parsnips and 2 helping of wilted spinach.
Dessert: mini brown cow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Health

• 5. Your dinner did not sound appealing to me but was ok.

Answer by louise2 at 9:52 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Sounds like a fairly healthy diet to me. so I would give it a 2 or 3 on your scale...
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 9:55 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I would actually say in the 8-9 range. Looks like you aren't eating enough, and that will just put your body in starvation mode. If you post your age, height, weight and activity level I can calculate your BMR for you and tell you exactly how many calories your body needs and burns a day.

Specifically those instant breakfasts are filled with junk and don't fill you, you need balance: 2 eggs and toast is much better. Lunch, those soups are filled with preservatives and sodium. A homemade soup is generally healthier, but a salad with protein like chicken or shrimp is even better. Snack, again just high in sodium, something like plain greek yogurt with some frozen or fresh berries is protein, low calorie and low carb and perfect. Dinner...half a chicken breast? Eat the entire thing. 1 helping of mashed potatoes as they are white starchy carbs and just spike blood glucose levels (white carbs = bad).
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:00 AM on May. 11, 2011

• 5 You get points for chicken breast and spinach. Dump the instant breakfast - you might as well eat a candy bar and a multi vitamin. The soup has too much salt. You need whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Eggs are a great source of protein. Skim milk for protein and calcium. Try dried fruit for convenient snacks (Trader Joe's has a great selection). Frozen spinach for leafy greens.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 10:26 AM on May. 11, 2011

• eggs are gross and so is plain milk. lol I am just not really a breakfast eater. I would just assume skip it but figure I could use the calories in the morning.
    Soup is not every day. In fact usually it's left overs but I do ear it about 2-3 times a week.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 AM on May. 11, 2011

• How about nuts, lean sausage, canadian bacon or lean ham, yogurt? You need a healthy protein in the morning. You should try better milk. I agree milk from Walmart is gross; it has the worst after taste. If you get a premium brand (we have Oberweiss here) you might find you like it.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 12:54 PM on May. 11, 2011