My son is almost 6 months now.

the ped. told me to give him cereal a few months ago but never said when to give him fruit and stuff like that. Was I supposed to already? My mom says I was but my Boyfriend was with me and agrees we shouldn't 'til the doctor says to. He is on formula since he was 4 months old if that matters.

ClaireWithChild

Asked by ClaireWithChild at 9:49 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• babys dont need anything besides Breastmilk/formula until a year. the cereal is just to fill the babys belly. Congrats on a beautiful BABY!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:52 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Foods are introduced little by little by the pediatrician in order to avoid allergic reactions first come the yellow vegetables and clear fruits apples and pear and then the green. I started my babies at 4 months with the tiny gerbers of squash and carrots it was one of the most exciting days we took out the video camera put a giant bib on him got his special spoon and enjoyed the disaster in the beginning they throw everything out with their tongue and you put it back in with the spoon but obviously they eventually get it. It is fun!!!!
    tennisfan729

Answer by tennisfan729 at 9:56 AM on May. 11, 2011

• After he's had cereal for long enough to see there is no reaction, you can start on fruits/veggies - single ingredient foods for a couple days at a time to check for allergies.

Answer by missanc at 10:05 AM on May. 11, 2011

• just ask your ped. i have heard different things from people both on here and in person. ask your ped and see what they say. tell them what you think or want or believe as well
    AnitaB27

Answer by AnitaB27 at 6:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• give that child some baby food man i gave mine mashed potatoes an mashed veggies off my plate at dinner when they where 3 months old they r nither or weight an also was off the bottle at 9mons i didnt take it they just did want it they wanted the food an milk n a sippy
    kelleyplus2

Answer by kelleyplus2 at 9:04 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I've always heard you can start the cereal around 4 months, and introduce other solid foods in slowly after that, around 5-6 months
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 2:51 AM on May. 12, 2011