When did you wash his/her clothing??

How far along were you when you washed your babys clothes and put them in the drawers and closet? right now hers are in boxes, i need to wash them still obviously, but im 30 weeks today! Im getty ansy (sp?) and want to just do it already!!!

So, when did you wash your baby clothes and get them all set up for their arrival home??

[[IM SO EXCITED!!!]] i cant stop thinking about her coming!

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 3:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I washed mine a few weeks before I was due.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I've been washing her stuff since about 28 weeks or so. My cousin gave me boxes and boxes of baby clothes, but they smelled like cigarettes and I couldn't stand to smell them until they were clean =oD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I washed my a few days before I was to go to the hospital. Make sure you get a "baby safe" detergent. I can;t remember the name but it's made for baby cloths.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• ^^ Dreft :D

Or anything without any perfumes or dyes is good too. Dreft is hella expensive O.O But anything that says "free and clear" on it is good as well.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• well majority of the clothing were given to me, so they dont have tags anyway.. and i would like to use dreft but its so expensive!! lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think I did them early, because was nesting around 30 weeks. But I only did one load of what he would wear right away. The rest I waited until later.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i had my baby shower at 29 weeks, and i washed all the clothes, blankets, and sheets probably a week or 2 after that. i was also excited. i didnt want to wait, but now having absolutely everything ready for the baby and still no baby kinda sucks. u dont want to wait too long though cuz a baby could come early at around 36 weeks so if u want to, go for it
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Did you have you rbaby shower yet? I'm only asking b/c I washed EVERYTHING then got a ton of stuff at my baby shower and ended up giving 1/2 of it away and couldn't exchange. I would wash a few items, like 2 cutsie outfits, yoru going home outfit, some onesies....the most that I'd wash would be sleepers...the first couple weeks that's all you seem to use....blankets and crib sheets,e tc. Don't get too wash happy though so that you can exchange if need be
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• no i didnt have the shower yet, but majority of the stuff was given to me and already used so it isnt returnable and im not a return person anyway, lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I was scheduled for a c-section at 37 weeks with my twins. I waited until about 35 1/2 weeks to wash anything, and then I only washed things I thought I'd use the first couple of weeks. That's when I washed the bedding and blankets too. I wanted everything to be as fresh as possible.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2008