Anyone still co-sleeping?

we have been sharing a bed for months now and i have the crib in the bedroom, but she wont sleep in it at night. I am hoping this is going to get outgrown soon :)

Last night I got up to use the bathroom and she woke up screaming since i was gone -

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Never started.

Answer by missanc at 9:58 AM on May. 11, 2011

• yes, mine are WAY too old!!!! Now I can't get them to stop!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:00 AM on May. 11, 2011

• We bed share with all three of our children. Ages 5yrs, 3 1/2 years and 5 months.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:01 AM on May. 11, 2011

• i did for a couple of months then when my kids were about 3 months i started putting them in their crib! my husband works third shift so this was kinda easier for me! everyone once in a while one of my kids who are now 6 and 3 will come crawl into my bed in the middle of the night but they know that it cant be an every night thing!
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 10:20 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes. My son is 5 now. I know I should stop, but he is my last baby. In my heart I don't want him out. We will end it soon.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:28 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Our oldest co-slept until she was 4, our younger until she was 3. Each child outgrows it at different ages, just like everything else (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:46 AM on May. 11, 2011

• You have to take her out of the bedroom if you can. First of all she has to get use to you not being there all the time. The easiest way to do this and there is no easy way is to put her in her crib in her room leave her there for 5 minutes by herself telling her before it is time to sleep and we will see each other in the morning close the door then come back 5 minutes later if she is crying pat her on the back and come back in 10 minutes and like that every 5 minutes. Having your children sleep with you seems easier so you don't have to get up all night and also you feel safer having them near but it is a bad habit for them and a terrible imposition on your marriage and your time together which is very important.
    tennisfan729

Answer by tennisfan729 at 11:40 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I do cause I have a one bedroom and space is cramp (think NYC apartment) so he has to sleep with me. But at daycare he has to sleep in his own cot and he does very well ...he is sooo smart.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 10:21 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i do and don't. when i feel like it she sleeps in my bed but at her grandma's she has a toddler bed she sleeps in that too. at my house i am transitioning her crib to a toddler bed so it might take some time. she hardly sees me during the school year so when she is with me i love to sleep her. i guess its the best of both worlds. she is 2. its a personal choice.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:49 PM on May. 12, 2011