My 6 year old just kissed a boy on the mouth.

This is new territory for me-lol. She is my oldest- her and her twin sister. She has been running around holding hands with him and last night while I was out on a date with my husband, my sister texted me and told me what had happened. How do you set boundaries? He's our neighbor, but he's moving in a couple weeks to a different state.

lauralivivy

Asked by lauralivivy at 9:59 AM on May. 11, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I had my first kiss at that age. just let her know you are okay with her holding a boy's hand but don't want her kissing boys until she is 30. ;-)

zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:01 AM on May. 11, 2011

• awe her first crush and he's moving away! I wouldn't worry about it . they are kids they just copy what they see...

traren

Answer by traren at 10:05 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Oh and he is actually younger than her, but she is tiny so he is bigger than her.
    lauralivivy

Comment by lauralivivy (original poster) at 10:05 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't get too worked up just yet. If you don't want her kissing boys just yet tell her she has to wait until she's married lol
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:06 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I don't see the big deal. They aren't having sex, they're kissing. I kissed quite a few boys on the lips at that age. No big deal.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:08 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I'd talk to her. Don't make it a big deal out of it so that she feels bad. Just ask her why she kissed him. It's probably something that she saw adults doing (tv, etc.) Most of the time when kids see older people doing something they want to do it too. Harmless.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 10:10 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I have a feeling the older kids in the neighborhood had something to do with it. Even her twin sister was asking her when she was going to kiss him. Her twin is a lot more mature for her age.
    lauralivivy

Comment by lauralivivy (original poster) at 10:12 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I agree with everyone else...let it go. It wasn't sex. It was a simple peck.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:38 AM on May. 11, 2011

• i had my first kiss at 12. lol... idk what to say.
    feliciouss626

Answer by feliciouss626 at 10:52 AM on May. 11, 2011

• OK- thanks for the input. This is all new to me. My girls haven't had crushes or anything yet. It is the little boy that had the crush on Laura and she just kind of went along with it. I just wanted to ask others to kind of get a feel for what is normal at this age. I think I will talk to her and let her know that it is not appropriate to kiss until she is older. I personally don't want her worrying about boy issues this young- I want her to just enjoy her childhood- not ready for that kind of drama yet- lol.
    lauralivivy

Comment by lauralivivy (original poster) at 12:14 PM on May. 11, 2011