But, she's already potty trained?!?!

My DD is 3 years old and is FULLY potty trained. We still put her in a pull up during night time and that's it.. For the last week she has been peeing in her pants! I just don't understand.. She'll (apparently because she just did it) take off running and go into her room and come out with her pants off.. my pants are wet because I peed. She knows better, and she knows what she is doing.... I need help because it's driving me insane! She knows when she has to go, but she's not going on the potty like she had done for the last 5 months!

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 10:01 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sounds like she wants extra attention. my 5 year-old recently did that. start the sticker charts or something along those lines over again.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:02 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My son is doing the same thing, but poop, not pee... He's been trained for ever too... I'm just taking things one day at a time. Don't know what else to do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:04 AM on May. 11, 2011

• it's a regression and happens. Oh, if she is potty trained, stop with the pull-ups at night. That may be confusing. Try starting the whole potty training process all over. She may feel like, "Duh, mom I know how to potty." but, this will coerce her into doing what she knows to do again.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:08 AM on May. 11, 2011

• We are going to get one of those covers for her mattress (it's a twin because she broke the toddler, so she will be in it for a while and don't want the mattress to get ruined) and stop using the pull ups at night. She use to be really good with it. First thing in the morning she would tear it off, throw it away and then go potty, but now she'll come out but naked and be like yup peed again.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 10:12 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Yep, regression. DD has been trained since 24 months and at 4 we still have days when she gets side-tracked by something and then can't hold it as long as she thinks that she can.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:29 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Had a similar issue with my dd, also 3 and potty trained for some time now. I told her that because she keeps peeing her pants that she must need mommy's help. So the deal was when I say it's time to go to the bathroom she must go and atleast try until she starts going on her own again. I tell her that she is still a big girl but just needs mommy's help. I can recognize in her actions when she needs to go, she'll squeeze her legs, hold herself or freeze all of a sudden. Just remember she is only 3 and may not always recognize when she needs to go in time. We've been doing this for a few months now. She will go on her own but will still have moments when I need to tell her to go.
    Good luck!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:32 AM on May. 11, 2011

• She has been peeing in the potty since she was 1 1/2 years.. she just didn't have the pooping down until January of this year. I understand that if she is playing she can get side tracked but i'm talking about we were at the table eating, she got down and ran into her room.. the bathroom isn't that far, and she could have made it...
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on May. 11, 2011