What would cause white spots on a child's adult teeth?

not my kid BTW

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:28 AM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I heard the same thing about the fluoride and something about them possibly being calcium deposits.
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 10:35 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Too much fluoride, most likely from the liquids they're consuming.

My son was told this years ago by our dentist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Too much floride. Either in the water or wherever. My town staretd putting floride in the water a few years ago and now they have to stop because it is caused overdosing in small children.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 10:34 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I have also heard this about fluoride. There was an article not to long ago about formula fed babies and parents using treated tap water for bottles and the baby teeth being spotted... I imagine it could be the same with adult teeth in a child getting to much fluoride.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:40 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I have calcium deposits on two of my back molars, I was told its a form of decay, or its formed during the development of the teeth.
    I've never heard of this being a cause of flouride, learn something new every day. :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:48 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My son older son has white spots, and it's from too much fluoride. No more fluoride treatments for my kids. 

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:09 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Could it be plaque? Its my niece. I'm not sure if they're getting on her to brush regularly. i wasn't sure how fast plaque could build up. Is there a form of decay that starts out this way? i sure hope not! I'd hate to see her starting to lose teeth at 8!

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 10:39 AM on May. 11, 2011