For divorced women only please

How did you go about bringing it up and telling your spouse??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• We were fighting, and I threw my wedding ring out into the front yard and told him I wanted a divorce. It was not the best way to handle it at all, but it was a long time coming and we both knew it. The thing was, I'd tried to tell him several times before that, in calm, mature ways, and he just refused to hear it - he'd act like nothing happened, pretend he didn't hear me, promise to change, etc. So that night, when we were arguing, I'd just had enough and yelled at him that I wanted out. The fact that I threw my ring when I had never, ever in our entire marriage taken it off was probably what really got him to realize I was serious.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:55 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I told my ex spouse that it wasn't working and i was ready for a divorce...
    he cried and yelled...

just stay firm in what you say, and leave a lot of time for talking and arguing.
    feliciouss626

Answer by feliciouss626 at 10:50 AM on May. 11, 2011

• He knew it was coming but did not think I would ever really do it. I just finally got tired of the shit and told him he needed to leave and I went and filed the next day, just don't ever look back make sure it's what you really want
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:52 AM on May. 11, 2011

• depends on the reason you feel the need to divorce.
    cheating
    out of love
    lonely....
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 10:50 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I waited until mine was in jail/then rehab. I told him when he was in rehab that the marriage/relationship was over.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:54 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I put a deposit down on a townhouse. bought a used car. Then I told him. I knew that I had to have a place to go or I would not follow through. It made it very easy...

I called the moving crew and me and the kids were gone within 48 hours.

He lied...drank...watched porn everyday...verbally abused me...he called me names and made me feel like a second class citizen everyday.

I cried alot...but it now has been a year later I my life is soooooo much better
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 12:31 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I got a townhouse, got a job, and then I told him the kids and I were leaving. He went on a business trip and I moved out.

Answer by missanc at 1:58 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I caught him cheating. I told him right then and there (after she took off) I wanted counseling. He refused, so I made him leave his credit cards and get out. I told him I would be gone by morning. I bought a plane ticket to my sisters house using his card.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 3:31 PM on May. 11, 2011