Stuffed animal solutions??

Can anyone recommend what to do with hundreds of stuff animals?? We've tried the whole stack on a bookshelf thing, but they get pulled out and Mama has to put them back. I waste so much time on it and they honestly don't play with them! Just dig them out, then leave them on the floor. Drives me crazy, but alot of them were mine when I was little so I really don't want to just get rid of them. We've tried hammocks, which worked well, but collected dust and was hard to clean...(my son is highly allergic to dustmites) Is there anything else out there to do with stuffed animals???? HELP!!!! lol

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 10:47 AM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• We have (I can not remember what they are called for the life of me...major case of "baby brain") but it is like a net almost, that hooks on to the ceiling in a corner. So I have all of my old stuffed animals in my girls's room in the net thing, and it looks great!
    HStarin

Answer by HStarin at 10:49 AM on May. 11, 2011

• go throw em wen kids are not home and throw or give some away..i had to do that..my kids never miss em...
    KRIZZ25

Answer by KRIZZ25 at 10:53 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I put them in a garbage back or storage tote in the basement. Every couple of months or so I get it out and they can pick out a couple "new" ones, and put a couple "old" ones away - rotate them out. Ones that I don't want the kids to have to in a seperate bag/tote.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 11, 2011

• We gave ours to good will, or gave them away at a garage sale. Keep the ones that are most important, and donate the rest.
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 11:00 AM on May. 11, 2011

• There is this like chain thing. You hang it down and use the little clips to just hang from each link or so on the chain. You can hang chain straight down or pull across top of bed or whatever. Anyway, this way you can wash them from time to time?
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 11:04 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I would get one of those plastic storage bins and have the kids pick out X# of stuffed toys to keep out and the rest go in the bin. Then in a few weeks or so bring the bin out and rotate stuffed animals.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:16 AM on May. 11, 2011

• If I was the one picking them up I would put them in plastic containers with covers and store them. Out of site, out of mind.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:27 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Well, my son had alot of stuffed animals so what WE did was we made a stuffed animal scrap book. We took alot of photos of the stuffed animals that we really liked alot and then gave them a "second life" to a domestic violence shelter. It was a special way to get rid of them and we felt good knowing who was going to end up with them.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 6:44 PM on May. 11, 2011