For the sahm...

i'm having a day where i just dont feel like being a mom. i want to curl up in bed and just be by myself. do you guys have days like these? what to you do to make the day pass?

happymom8262

Asked by happymom8262 at 10:48 AM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Those days, NO BASHING, I let the kids trash the house and just tell hubby I didn't feel good and he cleans up. It doesn't happen often though.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:16 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have moments like that too. When I start to feel that way I will put a favorite dvd movie on in the livingroom for my 5yr old and then when he is watching that I will curl up on the futon in the livingroom snuggle up in my favorite blanket and read a good book. That way I am still with him, but also have some 'me' time and can rest as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:55 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Yep I have those day...even more now then before. I don't want to do anything, and recently I've just been doing the bare minimum...just enough to keep from hearing DH's mouth lol....like a PP said, Cafemom doesnt help lol I say, okay, I'm just going to check out whats going on, the next time I look up it's almost time for DH to come home and I havent even started on the house lol...It's crazy lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:57 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Well I'm not a "SAHM" strictly anyway. I work and homeschool 3 special needs kids. But i think every MOM feels like this at times. I definately feel this almost on a daily basis!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 11:09 AM on May. 11, 2011

• yes...daily...but i push trough. CafeMom doesn't help....I'll need to leave the house, then check CafeMom real quick & next thin i know an hour has gone by!

CafeMom so easily takes me away from my SAHM duties...it's good & bad...lol
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:50 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes about every couple of weeks I have a day like this. Usually however, I am just run down & cranky in general so I will have a bad/off day. I hate these days bc there isnt anywhere for me to bring my daughter for these days so she ends up having to do nothing all day. Usually I just hang around & barely get my duties done which means tending to my 3yo. I have her watch tv on these days & then at some point when she becomes restless let her eat junk food. Usually I feel really bad after a day like this but its the cycle you get stuck in when you dont have anyone to take your child for a day here & there allowing you to stay at home doing nothing ya know. You'll be fine we all have them dont worry.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:50 AM on May. 11, 2011

• You are not alone at all. It's completely normal to feel like that. When I have those days, I try to push through the best I can. Sometimes I'll just sit down on the couch with a book and let my son play until he comes over to play with me.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:53 AM on May. 11, 2011

• yes...having one of those today!!! hate this feeling...
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 11:07 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Just about every day. I have fibromyalgia and BPD2. So motivation to get out of bed is literally not there... Once your kids are to the point where they don't need YOU, I say take one day a month and send them to grandmas or a sitter and take a mommy day...

Now, if I could just take that advice for myself...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:10 AM on May. 11, 2011