Resolve Carpet Powder?

I saw a commercial for this stuff last night thay claims you shake the powder on your carpet, work it in with a stiff bristled brush, let the damp powder dry, and vacuum up wit hseveral sweeps to loosen and remove all the dirt and powder.
I have beige carpet, and 4 kids that LOVE being out doors barefoot, so you can probably imagine what my carpet usually looks like. I have a shampooer, but it takes so long to dry during the summer with our high Missouri humidity. Does this stuff really work, or is there any other product that you can recommend?? Thanks in advance!!! :P

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 10:50 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• The brush can break carpet fibers. It WORKS but I feel the areas cleaned still don't look quite right.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:24 AM on May. 11, 2011

• If you need to do a whole room that sounds like A LOT of work. Id rather just shampoo and run a dehumidifier.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:36 AM on May. 11, 2011

• The foam works better than the powder in my opinion.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 1:26 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have never tried it, but I would worry about the powder sticking into the carpet and eventually making the carpet look worse down the road.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:06 PM on May. 11, 2011

• The people who sold me my carpet said to never use the powders, that you can never get it all vacuumed up.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 2:19 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have never used the powder but I love the foam.
    alliesmom112

Answer by alliesmom112 at 3:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I've used the powder, and it works, but I don't think it's the solution. Can you make your kids take off their shoes when they come in from playing?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:01 PM on May. 11, 2011

• never tried it
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:48 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have used it, but have since found less toxic products that work just as well.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:30 PM on May. 11, 2011

• never tried it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:31 PM on May. 11, 2011