Year books

SO I called my sons high school and asked them how much the yearbooks will be,,,,$45 freaking dollars! I'm poor as hell and why do they think they need to have that much? I'm almost thinking I may not be able to get that unless a miracle happens.
Do you buy your kids high school year books their first year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• I had a year book for every year I was in school. Know where they are now? Me either. The only one I still have is my year book form my last year in public school. DH only got his senior year book. I seen nothing wrong with that. plus it gives you a few years to be prepared!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:57 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My kids schools do yearbooks each year (from kindergarten on thru hs). My oldest started hs this year and his yearbook fee was $55.00 if you ordered and paid before a certain date, then after that date it was $65. They also had a $5 fee if you wanted to have the yearbook embossed with your child's name-- I did not see the point so did not do that.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:00 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Geesh - almost sounds cheap.
    Ours were $40, and I graduated almost 20 years ago.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 11:01 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Wow, our yearbooks were $65 10+ years ago!

I bought all four, the key word being *I*

I know where they are, lined right up with family albums and all of my husbands yearbooks from K-12. But I was also the editor for several years in middle and high school. So they meant more to me. My high school opus, if you will :-)

If he wants one, as a high schooler he's old enough to work for it. That doesn't mean get a job, per say, but if he he wants one he should put forth effort to obtain it - special tasks there at the house or whatever. Or be willing to give something up to make up the dollar amount.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:05 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Our yearbooks were $45 if you bought early and that was 15 years ago. I didn't think they were worth it then and as a result I didn't buy them. I also didn't get wrapped up in the whole senior thing, I didn't buy my class ring or my senior pictures because I would have been the one paying for all that. If your child really wants a yearbook, let him pay for it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:22 AM on May. 11, 2011

• In the 90's mine were in the $45-$50 range. They really aren't necessary, perhaps just Senior year
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:26 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Average cost in this area.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:53 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Just opt for the senior year if the cost is burdensome.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:58 PM on May. 11, 2011