Can u still go to school and still get disability benefits?

My mother is applying for disability due to arthritis and gout that has caused limited mobility but she wants to go back to school for business administration. Is this possible? I don't know what advice to give her.

Est_n_83

Asked by Est_n_83 at 11:08 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Health

• Check out this website for assistance. I know it says work, but they are very helpful in coordinating all different types of benefits received with social security benefits. If you don't get an answer from them, PM me and I will try to help you some more. I used to work for SSA.

http://www.socialsecurity-disability.org/glossary/work-incentives-plannning-assistance

Good luck, and I hope that your Mother has good health!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 11:12 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I can't get the website to pull up :(
    Est_n_83

Comment by Est_n_83 (original poster) at 11:21 AM on May. 11, 2011

• You should check with social security disability folks. Some of the rules and regs are complicated.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:22 AM on May. 11, 2011

• It doesn't matter, she will not be getting paid for going to school. It will change after she is through and get a job. I would tell her to also call the s.s office, there are some programs to get people back in the work force and off of s.s She could possibly get financial help.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 12:14 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes, my bestfriend recieves disibility for cebral palsy, and she's going to college.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 10:08 PM on May. 11, 2011