Thinking about...

I'm thinking of going back to work.. who here is a stay @ home mom.. thinking about going back I haven't worked since 2007... I would do part time 1st... I'm not karzy lol.. Any advice....

Cynt1020

Asked by Cynt1020 at 11:09 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• I went back part time about a year and a half ago - then got pregnant again and I'm home full time again. But my advice is to go back part time first. Then if you can, or want to, work your way up to full time.

To be honest, I LOVED going back to work, it was like taking a break cause I didn't have to work half as hard as I did when I was home full time, and the drive to and from was bliss... No kids, no worries, just me and the stereo!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:17 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I am a stay at home mom, I actually quit my full time job 3 weeks ago to stay at home and do daycare! So far I love it, but am tired a lot, being pregnant. I am hoping daycare for me works out for a bit, or at least until my youngest is in school!
    HStarin

Answer by HStarin at 11:14 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Stay at home moms have lots of skills that employers value! Skills such as time management, logistics, finance, management, etc. Additionally, you probably have done some great volunteer work and may have had part time or even consulting positions while you were home.
    Start with a great resume; update (or create) a Linkedin profile; let everyone you know that you are looking for a new position. How are your skills? You may want to take a couple of classes at a community college, like Microsoft office (at least Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and a basic bookkeeping class.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:57 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have been a SAHM for 5 yers now. I do some home daycare, but I don't enjoy it anymore. I have another business I working on and my plan is to make it my full time gig by the fall. If you are interested, message me. I started it to make extra mony and be around dults. I love it!!
    Hope to hear from you!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 11:32 AM on May. 11, 2011

• What about Tastefully Simple? when I joined TS did it just to get out of the house and feed my pocketbook addiction. I NEVER thought it would take me to where I am today!!!

I absolutely LOVE what it has done in my life and in the lives of the 60 amazing women on my team!!! The work is minimal, the friendships are amazing, the money is FANTASTIC, and the product is TO DIE FOR!!!!

TS sells easy gourmet food!! All products are made in the U.S. and are so yummy!!! Start up costs are minimal, incentives are huge, and the company as a whole is BLESSED!!!

I would love to share this amazing opportunity to anyone who is looking for that "little something" extra....no matter what that may be.
    We are a Direct Sales company and we do home parties that are a BLAST!!! We pass a tray of food around to a bunch of women/men, talk about the product and get paid for it!!!
    I have a passion for EVERYTHING this company represents!
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 5:23 AM on May. 12, 2011