More kids

My husband wants more children but I've always told him I only want one and after being pg for those 9 months and ending up in the ob 5 times for my high blood pressure and going through delivery with no meds i dont want more. I love my 5 month old she is the greatest thing in the world and he just doesnt respect that i dont want more. Every night he ask's me if i thought about it but no i havent is that wrong of me should i just give in to make him happy? Sure we could afford another but i just feel like one is enought maybe when she is 18 sure ill be 40 but not till then. why doesnt he understand where im coming from?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• You'd have to ask him that. Ask what his reasons are for wanting one. I had problems in pregnancies too and didn't want to do it again but it happened and now I'm wondering how I was ever complete without her.... would feel the same if I could have more now (can't) I'm sure. But I'd say "wait till she's a year and we'll talk about it again".
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• he doesn't get it because he didn't have to be pregnant... strap a bunch of extra weight to him and kick him in the lower back occasionally, feed him something that makes him sick, and tweak his nipples frequently for just a week. then see if he might start to have an idea.

tell him right now you want to enjoy and bond with your child without distraction and having to worry about being unavailable for health reasons. you might change your mind... my SIL wanted six kids and went through a horrible pregnancy and childbirth. after that they thought they might never want more... nephew just turned three and she is newly pregnant.

Let him know you understand his feelings and just ask that he understand yours for now. What's the rush right now? Enjoy your baby... they grow fast.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Tell him to stop bugging you about it. Tell him you will think about it. Say ,you will talk to him about having another when your daughter is 2 yrs old. Maybe by then you will have changed your mind. At least it will give you a 11/2 year break.

Truthfully you should have talked this over before marraige. How many and all

Answer by louise2 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think he needs to give you more time. You just gave birth 5 months ago. I don't know too many women who would be ready to talk about or even have another child 5 months after giving birth. In the end...if you don't want anymore then he should respect your decision. I would say the same thing if you were the one wanting more and he didn't. A marriage is made by two people and so are the decisions.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• well thats easy stop having sex with him.
    Anonymous