Still no period after having my baby

16 Weeks on, still no period, I did breast feed for 5 weeks, and I did a test about a month ago which was negative. How long can it take???

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 11:15 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Health

• All 3 of my kids, it took a long time. First baby I didn't even get it back before I got pregnant with my 2nd baby (1st baby was 5 1/2 month). After 2nd baby, it was 9 month before my cycle came back, and after my 3rd baby it was 5 months. Granted I did breast feed all of my children, it is different for everyone. If you are concern please call your dr.
    HStarin

Answer by HStarin at 11:25 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My doc told me to call if no period after 12 weeks. I recommend you call your ob. My baby is 16 weeks too. Good luck
    lamping

Answer by lamping at 11:17 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Depending on your body it could take months. I am bfing, but my daughter was born in Dec. and I have yet to get my cycle back yet. Even w/o bfing though it can take a few months or more past the time that you bfed.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:18 AM on May. 11, 2011

• it can take several months. be sure you are using birth control.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 11:22 AM on May. 11, 2011

• After my first, I got it back after a couple of months. My second is 8 months and I still haven't gotten it back. However, I do have the Mirena, so that may be the cause for me not getting it back.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:55 PM on May. 11, 2011

• We're using condoms, but I need to start bleeding before I start taking the contraceptive pill.
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 11:23 AM on May. 11, 2011