• It may be loaded with sugar but it's milk and still has the healthy properties of any other milk. If you REALLY have a kid who refuses milk there is nothing wrong with it as long as they get their calcium in other ways also. Not drinking 6 cups of choc milk a day. The banning of choc at schools isn't all a bad idea but if they had never started it we wouldn't be trying to stop it. It's really the parents responsibility to make sure a child eats healthy enough to survive.
    This all seems a symptom of an entitlement nation. Give them something they will like to satisfy one issue and hope you never have to take it away. Which never seems to work.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:05 PM on May. 11, 2011

• But, it's not carbonated....LOL! I'm sorry, IMO milk is milk. Whether you add a little sugar or not. It's still milk. If you put cheese on vegetables, it's still vegetables! Did you know that technically, the only ones that need milk are infants?? Yup, it's all in the book... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:32 AM on May. 11, 2011

• LOL, I love your title question.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:33 AM on May. 11, 2011

• fat free milk has less fat, how is it less healthy than whole milk? children who are over 2 and not underweight do not need whole milk. anyway, that's another topic. i have no problem with my children drinking chocolate milk when they enter school (that is if the schoolboard hasn't banned it by then) because we are not soda drinkers anyway, and junkfood is only eaten around here in moderation. chocolate milk is a treat in my home, and sometimes a snack in itself. as long as you monitor your child's sugar intake, a glass of chocolate milk a day is not going to make them obese. atleast chocolate milk is not EMPTY calories, unlike soda.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:33 AM on May. 11, 2011

• jewjewbee

Comment by jewjewbee (original poster) at 11:38 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Chocolate milk is a treat at my house. Soda is not allowed until they get older (3 and 5)
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:42 AM on May. 11, 2011

• They didn't say anything about Silk. It tastes like pure syrup.

Adding syrup is about the only way to get my kids to drink milk except for dinner. (or with cookies) Sodas don't enter the doors of this house,but I should buy stock in Hersheys. Interesting though a ban? jeez. Ban fries.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 11:51 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Lol BS!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 12:11 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Eh, just another rant article. However, I love the title!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:08 PM on May. 11, 2011

• How many jobs will be lost with these stupid laws?
    And people will still be fat!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:10 PM on May. 11, 2011