I need to lose weight, fast!

Posted in health, but doubt I'll get a lot of answers..

I used to weigh 120 before the baby and I'm now 143. I don't fit any of my pre-pregnancy clothes and I hate how I look! I really have no idea how I'm going to lose the weight. Ahh I need motivation! What weight loss program or supplement do you use? Also, I'm really busy with school, work, and taking care of him, so does anyone know what I can do at home without any equipment? I guess I just know I could do sit-ups and crunches.. but anything else that works great?

sweetvietchic

Asked by sweetvietchic at 3:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• How far post-partum are you? That will help us let you know how realistically you can expect to loose weight. What worked great for me was involving my baby in my exercise routine. We went for walks every day after dinner. As an added bonus, because DH came along for the walks, it was a great time for us to talk to each other. I also had a mommy and me fitness DVD. Shiva Rea's postnatal yoga DVD is great (for you alone, not with the baby). Please be wary of using supplements or fad diets to loose the weight. They may work in the short term, but they are unlikely to help you keep off the weight in the long run because they don't address the key reason we have extra weight on us: we take in more calories than we put out. (By the way, I'm 5'7" and 120 pounds---and EXTREMELY healthy! Look at your BMI, not your actual weight. If I were 150 pounds, I'd be at the upper limit of an acceptable BMI, but I would look fat.)
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• try the cabbage soup diet for a week, its a detoxer and I lost 6lbs in a week.
    Anonymous

• lol I'll go look it up. thanks anon
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 3:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I go swimming 4 times a week for an hour finally getting me back to my weight not as low as you i think anything under 150 is unhealth for an adult female
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 3:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

Are you kidding? I am 5'3 and weigh just under 150 right now and I feel unhealthy b/c I weigh too much. It isn't about how I look, It is about not having energy that I would if I weighed less. My body just doesn't feel at its max. I think 150 is the max any healthy woman should be.
    Anonymous

• I have also heard the cabbage soup diet works, although I don't think I could stick to it. I do some little exercises at home. I suggest getting self magazine. They always have a ton of excersizes in the that you can do at home with little or no equipment. I also walk and jog alot. On nice days I walk to get my daughter from school even.
    Anonymous

• Dewey_scoles you must not be short as I am. I'm even shorter than anon 3:55. I'm only 5'1 (and a half LOL) so when I was 120 people say I was "good, almost chubby." How tall are you?
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 4:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I'm 4 months post-partum.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 4:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Does anybody know how the cabbage soup diet taste?
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 4:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I am in the same boat. I was 120 pounds pre-pregnancy and now I am 140. I would love to lose the weight. I am 9 1/2 months post-partum and still breastfeeding. Hopefully I will find something that works. I think my best option is serious exercise.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 4:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2008