At what age is your child brushing their teeth on their own

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 11:49 AM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• My DD is almost 4. While she does a decent job, I just feel better doing it after she did, just to make sure!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:10 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Like without taking them to the bathroom and reminding them? MY son is 3 and I do it first, then he does it but I of course still have to tell him, Ok bedtime, lets go brush our teeth and wash up and we have to go in together
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:52 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My daughter is almost 3 and she brushes her teeth really well and has for about 4 months. She loves brushing her teeth. She'll tell me in the middle of playing that shes going to go brush her teeth. The only thing I do is put the toothpaste on her toothbrush.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 11:54 AM on May. 11, 2011

• you mean without being asked & supervised to do it correctly my 8 year still has issues with that.. my kids don't forget to brush but they won't do a good job if I don't supervise..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:58 AM on May. 11, 2011

• my daughter will be 4 next month an brushes her teeth by herself, i check after usually she does a good job as does my 5 year old son.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:58 AM on May. 11, 2011

• My daughter has been brushing her teeth by herself since was 3...I still have to remind her to do it but she does a really good job =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My oldest is almost 4 and he brushes his teeth, under my supervision. And my 2 year old, he tries to brush his teeth, every time he finds his toothbrush he sticks it in his mouth and scrubs, tooth paste or not, lol Thank you Blues Clues for teaching the the Tooth Brush Tango song! :)
    AndreaW2kids

Answer by AndreaW2kids at 2:36 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I think grown adults still rush through brushing their teeth. I don't think it is an age thing at all. lol :) Not everyone has good hygeine lol :)
    AndreaW2kids

Answer by AndreaW2kids at 2:37 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I am thinking how old were they when they could do a good enough job where you weren't worried about it and just know they are doing it good and not rushed
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 12:02 PM on May. 11, 2011