If you kept your last name....

Why did you decide to keep your name and does your husband care?

I took my husband's name but I REALLY didnt want to lol...I just don't like his last name, it's ugly lol...but it was SO incredibly important to him that I just sucked it up and considered it the first sacrafice of our marriage lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 11:59 AM on May. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My husband and I have been married for 4 years and I just took his name (legally) as an anniversary present. Professionally, I use my maiden name; socially, I hyphenate (until I can get all the legwork done with my financial institutions, my employers, everybody else who knows me - LOL).
    queenbea

Answer by queenbea at 1:03 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I am in that boat. I'm going to hyphenate it because he really wants me to change it.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:01 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I hyphenated his last-my maiden. I usually go by my maiden name unless it has to do with the kids, which he insisted that they have his name.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:08 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I hyphenated. I was working when we married. I had worked hard to earn a good business reputation. I didn't want to lose that connection my name had with my business rep.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:16 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I didn't the first time I married. We didn't have kids. My DH is older than me and rather old fashioned. He wanted me to change my name. I did it after we had a daughter so that all our names would be the same. At work I use all three names like "Hilary Rodham Clinton" because I had already established myself under my maiden name in my profession and wanted some continuity. Socially, I just use my married name.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:46 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yea I think the issue would be the kids. We have a step family thing here. Yours mine and ours. It does create some confusion and strange looks that we have different last names. LOL but hey, other than that I dont care. My hubby is lucky to have me and my children no matter what my name is!
    gdnrs

Answer by gdnrs at 2:28 PM on May. 11, 2011