wendydays

Asked by wendydays at 12:16 PM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I saw a girl about 7 and she had on really short shorts with writing on the butt. She was walking around the store with her mother and I caught men looking at her butt. I don't know if they were reading it or what but it was quite disturbing. I am so glad I don't have a girl because if I did it would be capri shorts or bermuda shorts and no spaghetti straps until she is out of the house and graduated from high school. Kids are in such a rush to grow up and look sexy. I have seen girls as young as 4 dressing "suggestively" with spaghetti straps and too short shorts. With the disney teens that they idolize being overly sexed at a young age and them being in trash rags with headlines like "eating disorder" or "too skinny" or "rehab" no wonder girls today are under so much pressure. makes me sick.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 12:22 PM on May. 11, 2011

• On target for the most part. Being girlie is defined as how, OP? Is being girlie dressing sexy? I don't like seeing small children with tops that are very low cut, or shorts that are way too short and say bootylicious across the butt. That's not being "girlie"...that's being trashy.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:23 PM on May. 11, 2011

• That study is full of BS. There is some girl's clothing that to me is sexualized, but they had really crappy criteria for their comparison.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:19 PM on May. 11, 2011

• We are very careful about the clothes that we pick out and when we decide to pull them out of rotation. If I think shorts have gotten to short out they go as well as dresses and skirts. If she can lift her arms over her head and I can see belly then out the shirt goes. I would be okay with a pink leopard skirt as long as it is cut appropriately.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• What I hate more than anything is to have little girls with spaghetti straps shirts that are too big and they have to keep pulling them up cuz their nips keep popping out (before they even have boobs to keep it up, or worse, the little girls who dont care their shirt is slipping and parents who dont pay attention enough to stop it from showing their daughters privates. I feel that the way kids are dressed today has a lot to do with why som many pediphiles are out there now. You got 5 year girls wearing short shorts and skimpy shirts, made to show off skin, and people wonder why their kids get taken. (not all the time the reason, so I am not attacking people who have kids that may have been kidnapped or anything). :( It is a sad world. When I grew up I couldnt wear shorts more than an inch about my knee until I was almost graduated from high school. I wasnt popular, but I also wasnt pressured into sex by horny boys.
    AndreaW2kids

Answer by AndreaW2kids at 2:33 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Confused parents might be persuaded to buy the leopard-print miniskirt if it's bright pink," the authors of the study to be published in the journal Sex Roles write.

I guess I would need a visual of this example.  I know this style is popular with young girls and seems to be okay in our society,  I would have to see the length but I would be completely okay with the pink leopard-print. 

wendydays

Comment by wendydays (original poster) at 12:31 PM on May. 11, 2011

• These shorts look acceptable.

Why are these so short?

Halter tops for children? Really?

Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 12:46 PM on May. 11, 2011