Kind of worried

so I am 13 days past ovulation. I did a test on 10 days past ovulation and it was NEGATIVE. So I waited and tested again this morning using first morning urine. It was a clear blue digital test and it also was NEGATIVE. I know that some women still get negatives on 13 DPO. But then I just went and looked at the test agin, I put it back in the wrapper and it was EXPIRED!! It expired 4/2011. Could that be the reason why it came up negative? I have not had many signs or anything, some sore boobs here and there, a few vivid dreams, some cramps a few days after I ovulated but nothing else.

You ladies think I should wait a few more days and check again? I just didnt know how reliable the test was since it was expired. My period is not due until tomorrow.

Married2daBest

Asked by Married2daBest at 12:25 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Since the test JUST expired, it may still be accurate. I never had any signs with my 2 pregnancies until after I got a positive. I was nearly 2 weeks past ovulation when I got my positive with my last baby. I would just wait, buy a new test, and try again in a few days. I don't know how long you've been trying, but just stay positive and keep trying if it does come back negative again. Sometimes trying too hard makes it worse. Good luck!
    LuvAt1stSight

Answer by LuvAt1stSight at 12:58 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Lot's of Mommy's say they don't get positives till well after AF is expected. I'd try in another 2 days. The expired test probably didn't affect the results since it's recently expired. Best wishes doll!!
    praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 3:11 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't waste money on any tests until after you miss a cycle. You have to give nature time to work. But yes, an expired test will not work properly. Even if it's a day past expiration it won't work. There's no telling if it expired April 1st or April 30th. I would not trust one past it's date. On average 10dpo the egg is barely implanted and you would still need to allow 7-10 days for HCG to build in your system.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:29 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Thanks so much ladies. I will take all advise and wait until AF is actually very late. Its hard to wait after trying so long... but thanks for all the input
    Married2daBest

Comment by Married2daBest (original poster) at 4:56 PM on May. 11, 2011