FAS

How does a child features look with fetal alchol syndrome?Do they kind of look like one with down syndrome?Im 36 wks and this baby will be here any day now and the closeer I get the more worried I am of down syndrome.A sonographer told me that by my child having a calcium folci on h er heart could be a sign of downs.But I have had numerous level 2 ultrasound where the viewed everything fromher insides head to toe and they said that she will not have downs.I also had some type of test down though my blood and the test came out normal.If my chiold had it after all theses ultrasound wouldn't they be able to tell anything especially by now!!?!?!!??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• okay stop panicking....you are okay....if the level 2 says the baby is fine then chances are...the baby is fine...FAS babies do not look anything like Downs babies...I had a down's baby, I should know....just stop panicking and give it to God!!
    bdmartin_81

Answer by bdmartin_81 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• do you drink or did you at all?
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• You only need to worry about FAS if you drink alcohol while you are pregnant. Symptoms of FAS are:
    * low birth wt
    * small head circum.
    * failure to thrive
    * developmental delay
    * organ dysfunction
    * facial abnormalities, smaller eye openings, flattened cheekbones, and indistinct philtrum (an underdeveloped groove between the nose & the upper lip)
    * epilepsy
    * poor coordination/fine motor skills
    * poor socialization skills, difficulty building & maintaining friendships& relating to groups
    * lack of imagination or curiosity
    * learning difficulties, poor memory, inability to understand concepts such as time & money, poor language comprehension, poor problem-solving skills
    * behavioral problems, hyperactivity, inability to concentrate, social withdrawal, stubbornness, impulsiveness, & anxiety
    If drinking alcohol while you are pregnant is worth all of
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• ok im going to try and be nice but seriously you are driving us nuts. If you drank the whole time you were pregnant then you got a chance your baby wil be fas. As far as downs if the test came back neg from blood work and the u/s hasnt shown nothing its fine and even if your baby is downs you will love them anyway. stop stressing and enjoy being pregnant cuz once baby gets here the real work begins.
    Anonymous

• cont. (got cut off)

IF drinking alcohol while you are pregnant is worth all of the above, you need to think again.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• FAS and Downsyndrome are completely different.

you wont know until your baby is born but love s/he unconditionally....

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008