Is breastfeeding truly healthier than formula?

momtobe522

Asked by momtobe522 at 12:36 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, truly.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:37 PM on May. 11, 2011

• The girls are going to go crazy here! Let this be a warning!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• canofworms

blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 12:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• There are certain benefits, but truly, as long as you're feeding your baby the best way you're capable, formula and breast milk both are healthy.

My EBF kid is almost 16 & she's suffered from allergies & asthma her whole life, whereas my 17yo FF kid has never been sick. Don't get blinded by slanted studies.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 12:39 PM on May. 11, 2011

• It is not the only good option but it is the best option. It is like buy orange juice, fresh squeezed vs. from concentrate. Breast feed is proven to have benefits formula can't ever offer, like antibodies, but then many babies have grown up to be healthy children on formula...So I guess, yeah, there is no doubt breast IS best but Formula is no doubt NOT evil. It is a personal choice which way each parent wants to go. In some cases there is no choice and thank God formula is an option for those babies.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:40 PM on May. 11, 2011

• YES!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 12:40 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Formula is second best.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:44 PM on May. 11, 2011

• So they say it makes the child smarter in school. I do know its true they dont get as sick as much as a bottel feed baby would. I breastfeed all four of my kids. When they were all new borns they never got sick. The first time it is some thing you have to get use to it and you may not like it and it will hurt if you dont do it right. I mean the way you hold the baby on you it will hurt like hell. It's some thing that you are going to want to do. You cant let other people make you or tell you you have to cause the ladies in the hospital will try to make you. In the long run its better for both of you. It also helps you to loos weight as well. I thing personley it is much easyer to when you have to go out with the baby.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 12:46 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes, breast is best. That doesn't mean that formula is UNhealthy, it's just not the best thing for baby. And for the record, my dd had both.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:47 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes, it is.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:48 PM on May. 11, 2011