How do i get my almost 6 month old baby to learn how to crawl?

i put him on the floor and hell stay but then start to cry? should i leave em there

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• You can't get him to crawl. You give him opportunities, but, you cannot MAKE him do it.

Likewaise, crawling isn't necessary or an actual milestone. Your baby may not be ready to crawl and your baby may never crawl but instead walk.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Let him crawl when he wants to, do not force him, that's not good and may cause him stress. before you know it he'll be running and then driving, just wait. My brother's baby is 7 months and does not crawl either
    takeyla23nc

Answer by takeyla23nc at 12:42 PM on May. 11, 2011

• mine didn't stark crawling til 8 months, a week later she was pulling herself up and standing. before that she just rolled everywhere she wanted to go
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:46 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Wait. You can put him on the floor and try to put his knees up under him. My daughter would get in that position and then "rock" for a long time before she actually moved. None of my 5 crawled before 7 months, and my 2nd was almost 10 months before he crawled! He'll get there.

Answer by missanc at 12:48 PM on May. 11, 2011

• like everybdy said just let him go at his own pace but u can encourage him. try sittin his bottle a few feet away and c if he will scoot to it. u can also try a snack or his favorite toy and c if he will scoot to it to
    wootens91

Answer by wootens91 at 1:20 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes, leave him there, but not forever. and put him on his stomach with a favorite toy or his bottle just out of reach. Like someone said, he may never crawl or he may be a late crawler. My boys were both late crawlers, it doesnt mean anything about them. They had big heads and it was hard for them to hold them up. And (my personal opinion lol) I think they were kinda lazy... lol :) So don't rush it. he will crawl when he is ready. :)
    AndreaW2kids

Answer by AndreaW2kids at 2:10 PM on May. 11, 2011