How many people are birthmother's and have done adoption?

How do u cope with it?

momtobe522

Asked by momtobe522 at 12:40 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Adoption

• Can I just confirm that you're asking "how many birth mothers went onto adopt?", or "how do you cope with being a birth mother?"
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 12:58 PM on May. 11, 2011

• OP., I am a First Mom, and have been for 25 yrs., it is something I would wish upon no single human. There are many who do so, but very very few without pain, afterall, you become a mother without your child. I am a very healthy , happy, active woman who loves life...however adoption has just become a part of me, likened to one who would lose a limb, you just learn to live your journey. Adoption is meant for children whom have not one single person to love them, and IMHO, it should only be an option in extreme case. Adoption is not for couples who 'need to be a parent", for if it were, they would foster adopt and give a child who has nobody a loving home...again MHO;) I wish you all the best, Blessings, CJ~
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 8:54 PM on May. 11, 2011

• im am 26 yo, i am a single mother of a 4 yo boy David that lives w me...n my 9 mth old daughter lives w her parents...and its o damn hard that i have thought of suicide many many times...its an open adoption adn i cant tell u how many times ive cried over the "loss" of my baby girl...i gave ehr up at birth n thou i may c her, her mother watches mne like ima steal her or change my mind...which i would do except i was raised better n the reason i gave her up in the first plce is money...if u r deciding on it...think hard...n have courage bc a true mother doesnt think what is best for her, but instead what is best for her child
    Dreamer81484

Answer by Dreamer81484 at 1:24 AM on May. 17, 2011

• i ask because i did an open adoption and yes it is hard to cope with it takes years
    momtobe522

Comment by momtobe522 (original poster) at 8:18 AM on May. 17, 2011