I would like to start cooking more with chickpeas. Any recipes

or yummy ideas for them??? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I use them for making hummus and I also use them in salads.
    The only recipe I use chickpeas in is Chickpea and Leek Soup, a recipe by Jamie Oliver. It's delicious. I bet you could find chickpea recipes on allrecipes.com!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I also use them for making hummus and on salads like the person above. With the hummus tho, not only is it great with toasted pitas for dipping, but it's really yummy on a sandwich in place of mayo.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Falafals!! Yummiest chickpea recipe ever!! You make the falafal balls with pureed chick peas, onion, parsely, cumin, salt, pepper, baking soda, and flour. You fry them up in a pan, and serve them in a warm pita with lettuce, tomato, and tahini sauce. Delicious!
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2008