Does anyone know of any grants that are available for equipment for kids with autism?

I am looking to purchase weighted vests, blanket, bean bag, trampoline, and other related items.

Mrs.AsTeam

Asked by Mrs.AsTeam at 12:50 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Try First In Families in your area, i know ours will do grants or work with companies to get needed items. If you have Medicaid, then they provide equipment. And lastly, whatever Medicaid waiver program you have in your state should be able to help - here in NC it's called CAP, but it has a different name in every state.
    You can get a lot of those items on craigslist for little money, and possibly some on freecycle if you can't find a grant to help.

Answer by missanc at 12:52 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have an Aspie. We were never successful finding grants or anything for equipment, but a lot of things are very easy to make yourself or have a talented friend make...especially weighted items.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:58 PM on May. 11, 2011

• How old is your child? If school age, ask your resource teacher. Medicaid waiver will pay for a lot if you can get him in that program.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:30 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I have no idea but am wishing you the best of luck in finding a grant to suit your needs.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:46 AM on May. 12, 2011

• i am not sure, but I know that certain states offer more aid than others.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:25 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Depending on your insurance, you may be able to get them to cover some of it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:42 PM on May. 13, 2011

• none that i know of..
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:15 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I do not, but I'm sure you could ask your DR.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 1:54 PM on May. 17, 2011

• No idea. I think you could ask your insurance
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:13 AM on May. 19, 2011

• no idea but wish you the best of luck!
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 12:42 AM on May. 20, 2011