Losing baby weight and no cost!

I am so broke so I dont want any advertising or anything that is going to cost me money to lose the weight. I was 160 when I got pregnant with my son and went into labor with him at 215. I am now 190 and I want to be 150 at least! I have a hard time controlling my appetite because being a SAHM and on anti depressants doesnt help. I have cut down on pop to one a day at least. I also work weekends so the only way I eat is fast food. Any ideas or tips you can give me?

mrsmilander

Asked by mrsmilander at 3:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Go for walks.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• really all you need to do is watch how much of something you eat and get exercise. cardio will help you burn alot of caliories which will help you loose weight. put baby in a stroller all bundeled up and take a job just start out jogging for 15mins a day or just a fast pace walk if you arnt a runner im not lol. be patient it takes time to drop the weight.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i ment take a jog not a job lol sorry didnt see it till i posted it
    Mommy2B04

• First off all have you tried Welbutrin? It is one of the only anti depressants that actually help curb appetite...Most others have the oopposite affect. Welbutrin can help you lose weight. Protien is what keeps you full. Apples, legumes (nuts) and other fruits have protien but especially apples so in the morning at breakfast eat a couple of them. Eat 6 small meals a day and don't eat until your stuffed. Don't eat atleast 3 hours before bedtime because our body stores more when we sleep. Look up fruits and veggies that have lots of protien and also you can buy Flax seed which is good for cholesterol and boosting metabolism.

Continued
    Anonymous

• start walking alot..... ummmm water instead of soda, or start to drink diet soda..... salad is pretty cheap!! fruits and veggies..... loosing weight and dieting is not about money its about changing your lifesyle....not buying that next wonder pill that wont work or buying a expensive tredmill just change your grocery list and drink lots of water and walk alot it will come off!! GL
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I buy flax seed and replace butter with it. I get it off of Ebay from some good people who harvest it. Follow the food pyramid and if it's not on the food pyramid don't eat it. All those are generally priced at normal cost. No white bread only wheat. Water, O.J, or squeezed fruit that are all natural. Get a juicer and make some drinks out of your fruits and veggies. Much healthier than grocery store juice which contains fructose and corn syrup. If you have to stop for food go to subway or get a salad from a resturaunt. Avoid mayonnaise and heavy dressings too if you get a salad. Go for a garden salad with small portions of dressing. I think when you snack make sure it's fruits and when you make dinner make sure you have a lean, baked meat, dairy product, veggie, fruit and wheat. Don't eat a portion bigger than your fist and have about 5 servings of food when you cook. No deep fat frying just baking.
    Anonymous

• The meds def make it more difficult to lose weight, but you can do it. You should try not to drink any soda and drink water or seltzer instead.
    You can try walking(and not a nice leisurely stroll). Like put the baby in the stroller and walk fast for at least 10min. If you're not tired walk more. Then, you can increase intensity by either walking for longer or walking the same amount of time but faster.
    Also, you should invest in dumbells. 5lbs should be enough and you can do some strength training at home. If it's too heavy, a regular sized Poland Spring bottle is 1lb and you can use that and work your way up. If you really can't afford dumbells, you can use cans. When I do squats, I use my son as weight! I get a good work out and he has fun!
    Also, fast food is NEVER the only way. You could bring food to work OR get a salad or something.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• These are all great answers!
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:37 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I asked about wellbutrin but with my depression and shit ive gone through with my anxiety and past events, it isnt enough. this is the only one that has been lower on the side effects too. Im on Pristiq now.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 12:44 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Eat lots of fruit - as much as you desire before each meal.

Incorporate green smoothies into your life. Greens and fruits have all the nutrients your body needs. Greens will also help you combat your cravings. If ytou want some recipes I can give you some.

Green smoothies are quite cheap really...so it is definitely a good investment for your health to add them.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2008