At what weight do you consider a woman to be overweight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Health

• i think it depends on there hight to be honest and who am i to say someone is over weight really only a dr can say if someone is over weight.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• It depends on their height too. With my height of 5'4 I believe 150+ is over weight. 140 and below is good. I know some very tall women who are almost 150 and you'd never imagine as thin as they look.
    Anonymous

• There are BMI charts that say, but according to my yoga class, your body should look firm and toned, not lumpy and not bones sticking out, and that's the perfect weight for you.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• and no a doctor is not the only person that can say a person is overweight you know when your overweight. Doctors study MEDICINE and only medicine not the human body. Anyone can look and tell if your over weiht or not.
    Anonymous

• BMI charts are rediculous!!!! dont go by those!! I am only 5'3 and when I am in absoulute perfect shape I weigh 150. I have danced all my life and I have alot of muscle and I have alot of it everywhere!! It just depends on your frame and bone structure and just how YOU are built!!! honastly dont let anyone tell you this weight is to much or to little when you are perfectly happy with your body then you are perfect!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i dont go by weight honestly, i go by how a person looks....

people say i look like i weight 130 (when i am not pregnant) but i really weight about 150-160 im 5'9 i think its different for every persons body
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• It really depends. The standard is for 5ft tall, you start at 100lbs. For every inch taller you add 5lbs, and for every inch shorter you subtract 5lbs. Then it's plus or minus 10%.
    So, I'm 5'2," The "average" weight for me would be 110 plus or minus 11lbs, so anywhere from 99-121lbs would be considered normal.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree that it all depends on your height and bone structure. If your 5 foot and weight 160 you would look chubby, whereas if you were 5'9" you would look thin...It all depends...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I'm 5'6 and weight 116 , which looks good on me, If i were to be my recommended weight I would look chubby. I've been 130 before and don't look good. I think everyone no matter how tall holds their weight differently. if I gain weight you see it right away, another person can but on 10 pounds and you don't even notice. I htink anyone over a size 12 is over weight.. in the 50's the average size was 6 now it's 12 or 14, I wear 4-6 and am not skin and bones.. it all depends.

NicoleMarie02

Answer by NicoleMarie02 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• what! Dr.s spend four years studying the body! Where did that come from? Holy crap only medicine?!

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 5:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2008