Clothing dilemma! How to shop for my new mommy shape!

I'm 22, 5'6'' & 215lbs! How embarrassing! I have 2 children. DD is 2 1/2yrs, DS is 7mths. I had c-sections with both of them. I am working out & I do watch what I eat. I am
s...l...o...w...l...y losing weight! I have a decent size chest-C cup, small waist, large mid-section from the baby fat & c-section flab/overlap! and muscular legs... My body is ALL out of proportion!

I have nothing to wear...I can't find ANYTHING that fits right & flatters my body! Anyone have a similar problem?! I've tried wearing body shapers...but in Texas during the summer that is NOT an option! Long shirts make me look short...Empire waist tops only make me look huge...fitted shirts show every lump & bump I have! Jeans do not fit right at all...Either they fit in the waist & are baggy every wear else or they are too tight everywhere else & show my c-section flab & make it look like I have an "extra package down there!" I've tried dresses, but with 2 little ones on the go, that's hard to pull off! I'm hoping somewhere is in a similar situation & can offer some fashion advice! I HATE shopping & I am completely losing my confidence! It's too the point where I can't stand going out now...Which makes for a really boring day sometimes! I want to wear clothing that I like! I have tons of low rise jeans and adorable shirts that I can't wear anymore that I want to fit into! When I got married at age 18 I was a size 7...I'm now a size 16! I am in need of desperate help here!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• She's not pregnant NOW!!
    I'm not sure what would flatter your shape, but I have found that shopping in the petite section, even for tshirts and such means they hit me at a much more appropriate length. You are taller than I am, but it might help with the problem of shirts being "too long" because you need them with more room but not the length. Steer clear of the form fitting t's which are very popular right now! but buy your size.

Answer by missanc at 1:14 PM on May. 11, 2011

• my bad, skimmed through your question.

Flowy tops are cute for summer and skim over curves. Since you have a small waist you should sinch a nice top with a belt.

Capris like these made with stretchy material are always flattering.

Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:20 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Try dresses with biker type shorts underneath. Gauchos are awesome too! It is rough I know I have 4 kids and don't think I will ever get my shape back.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 1:21 PM on May. 11, 2011

• lane bryant has nice clothes for those of us who are heavier than a 4. which is MOST of us!!!
    Be patient with yourself. The weight will come off
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:55 PM on May. 11, 2011