Do you think it is strange?

For those of you that are girlfriend or are married to a man that has been married before. Do you find it strange the ex wife would be nice to you. i like my ex husbands girlfriend, even though he left me for her. She is nice and very polite to me. We don't talk regularly, but i would like to take her daughter with me and my duaughter to build a bear. Am i strange, and how would you feel if you were her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• No i think you are being very mature!! your not trying to be her best friend and hang out but you are again being very grown up!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree again with scredmommy08 LOL
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 4:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think it is really big of you. For me to say yes, do it, it would depend on the age of the girls. Unless marriage is imminent for Dad and the new gf I would be very careful who you bring into your childs world. Some kids get attatched easily. If it doesn't work out for them you get stuck with the aftermath.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My boyfriend's ex wife would like to be friends with me and I think she is nice. But I do believe it is a conflict of interest for me to have any sort of friendship with her other than a cordial and peaceful co-existence. I don't think it is weird. I think it is a mature and good way to move forward through life with as little conflict as possible.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I personally could never be friends with my ex's new gf or wife, only b/c I can't stand HIM. But, I think it's very mature of you that you can and are willing to do so. I think she would probably appreciate it to. It's hard enough to come into a child's life in that situation, with the child maybe thinking you're trying to take daddy away from them, so to have the child's mom being nice to you and striking up a relationship would be a huge help.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have tried the nice thing to his new girlfriend, and well it works, and it doesnt work. He and I were great friends even after we broke up for our children, and well for ourselves, we had always been great friends, but we just didnt work out as a couple, then his gf decided we no longer needed to be friends and made his life hell for it, well then I got hostile and there were major words spoken...but for the most part we get along again, I think it is more because she is afraid of me! And the fact I hold everything my ex has ever hoped for (our kids) and while I would never keep them from him, she believes I would...I guess I would keep them from her, if I had to....???
    Anonymous

• As for being friends, thats a big hell no, but if the kids enjoy spending time with one another then there is no reason why you couldn't ask her, what is the worst she could say...NO??? If she did then find out why, are you not good enough to watch her child? Because that would be a conflict of interest all in itself since I assume your child is with her regularly??? She will probably say yes though....it is weird, but it is amazing what people work through!!!
    Anonymous