How can I help my daughter be more confident with boys?

My daughter is 19 and has yet to go out on a date except for the 2 proms in high school which were both with "just friends". It is starting to bother her as she feels she is missing out but seems to be awkward and lacks confidence around boys. She is cute, athletic, smart and a good kid all around. How can I get her to be more confident with boys?

momvoit

Asked by momvoit at 1:21 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Let her take her time, some girls are just not ready and maybe she is just focusing on something else.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 1:37 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I would just do and say things to help build her confidence in general, don't make it about boys, but just go shopping with her and compliment the things she chooses, or tell her how funny she is, etc. And then as far as boys are concerned just let her go at her own pace. If she complains about it to you I would encourage her to spend time in co-ed groups of friends where she might feel more confident then if she is just with a boy one on one. But let her wait until she is ready. You don't want her going out and risking being pressured into something because she is unsure or nervous in a situation. Be there for her but don't push her. Good luck, Mama.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:12 PM on May. 11, 2011

• That will come with time, no need to rush it, even though she is 19.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:45 PM on May. 12, 2011