i am losing so much hair! Any advice on how to cut down on all this hair loss?

My baby was born six months ago and over the past two months my hair has been falling out more than usual. I had heard that this is normal after having a baby and i'm ok with that since they said I won't lose ALL my hair. I cut my hair significantly shorter to help, but I'm still losing so much hair! There is hair everywhere in our house.... and I'm constantly picking them off my baby. Is there anything I can do to reduce the amount of hair falling out? Help!

rachelsmommy78

Asked by rachelsmommy78 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Vitamins will really help, also brushing your hair more often throughout the day will decrease the amount see all over the house. Your body goes through so much through pregnancy and delivery. Our hair gets thicker, shinier, and healthier usually when we are pregnant, and the trama of delivery effects everything on our bodies, unfourtantly everything comes out through our hair. Your body is trying to adjust to all the changes that have occured. It is actually normal to lose 100 hairs a day! So on top of the extra from being pregnant that can be a large amount of shedding. Be patient it will go away.
    prettyeyedmommy

Answer by prettyeyedmommy at 4:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yep, totally normal...
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• its been 3 yrs since i had a baby and i still loose alot of hair my kids dad is always complaining about it to
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• nope just be patient lol i lost a tone of hair when i had my son i was sure all my hair was going to fall out. its just old dead hair and soon it will stop.
    Anonymous

• Biotin
    Anonymous

• Wish I could help you, but I have the same problem! My little one is 4mo and there's hair everywhere! My older son, poor kid, if he comes near me when I'm brushing my hair he gets tangled up in it! I don't think there's any way to reduce it, you just have to wait it out. I wish I remembered how long it took with my first, but I have no clue!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• OMG! Thank you for letting me know I'm not going crazy! My hair has been falling out all over the place and I had my baby 4 months ago. I literally have to clear out my brush every time I use it. I had no idea this was related to having a baby lol. Don't know what to do for it, but thanks for posting!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• That is normal like all of the PPs stated. I lost a lot of hair and was scared at first. Then I researched it and found out that during pregnancy we grow more hair. Then postpartum, we end up losing the extra hair. The hair loss generally slows down between 6-12 months postpartum.
    :-) It gets better!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 4:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2008