What is considered cheating?

peck on the lips?

hugging?

dancing?

kiss lasting 2 seconds on the lips?

Bugzmomma

Asked by Bugzmomma at 1:34 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• is that cheating well it depends
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 1:35 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Kissing on the lips would be cheating.....? dancing and hugging not cheating....?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:35 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Are you asking if any of those are cheating?

On the face of them, no. INTENT is what matters here.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:35 PM on May. 11, 2011

• All of the above
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:35 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Cheating: Kissing and it depends on what kind of hug and dance it is.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:36 PM on May. 11, 2011

• We have mutual friend that we are both close to and when we see each other I kiss her husband on the lips and she does the same with my BF we have never thought anything of it!!!!! Dancing with someone? Hmmmmmmm just once? and me personally my BF plays in a band and I do dance with a lot but he knows who I am going home to we are just dancing period!!!!! Hugging? I hug everyone I am close too, and they the same to me JMO
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 1:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• BUGZ... U OK?????

anytime a man puts you 2nd its cheating ... (w/another female)or male..no, just kidding!!!! If his sesire to call, see, meet up with is there then I would say yes. intimately, mentally, physically, emotionally.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:43 PM on May. 11, 2011

• dancing or hugging no. anything with kiss specially on the lips probably yes. A kiss on the cheeks could be as well just depends if it is a girl/guy who there may be interest towards. Just easy way to answer the question is always how would the other person feel about it if they saw you doing that? May not be cheating but if it makes your partner feel bad then probably shouldn't do it. Also, would you or they do this in front of your partner? If no, but in secret then probably something you or they shouldn't be doing.
    jyj444

Answer by jyj444 at 1:48 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Believe me this question is not about me. I am happily single. My bestie is having a hard time right now, he is torn with what is cheating. He has danced with someone before in the reationship and his bf got so mad. Now his bf went out and kissed someone and he said that it isn't cheating considering what my friend did "months" ago.
    Bugzmomma

Comment by Bugzmomma (original poster) at 1:48 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Well, cheating certainly seems to be one of those things where the definition varies from person to person. I think anytime you're doing something you wouldn't want done to you, then you're walking on the thin line of appropriate/inappropriate.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:08 PM on May. 11, 2011