Is there any way to ease this pregnancy pelvic pain?

I had it with my first, but not this bad and not til the end. This time I've had it since the fifth month, and sometimes it hurts so bad to walk! It's right in front in the pubic symphysis. I know it's normal, but I'm just wondering if there's a way to get relief? It seems to hurt more after I've been still for awhile, and when I get out to walk it starts to ease up after awhile, but it's always there.

Hot packs? Cold packs? Walking more? Walking less? Anyone found any tricks?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 1:35 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I know it sounds weird, but walking seemed to help mine. I usually do 2 or 3 miles a day (walking) and yoga.
    I've started to notice here in my last month that if I skip a day the pain is worse, so the exercise definately helps me!

I hope I'm like the 1st commenter and labor only lasts 2 hours!!! :)

Good luck to you!
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 5:26 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i know this sounds funny but sit onone of those exercise balls and go round and round and rotate your hips! i had to go to physical therapy with one of my pregnancies cause my pain was so bad! and they put me on one of those balls! i didnt have one of those balls at home so i just stood and went round and round like that! like you are hula hooping but really slow! then after i did this i would ice! hope you feel better soon!
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 2:08 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Knees on the couch, feet in the air- hands on the ground. I had to do this throughout my second pregnancy bc Dd was so low. It helped a little... My labor was only 2 hours long tho, so I guess the months of pain and discomfort wasnt completely for nothing... Good luck!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:39 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Chiropractic! Mine got worse with each pregnancy. A chiropractic adjustment would get me through 2-5 days with considerably less pain.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:49 PM on May. 11, 2011

• get a belly cast i need one i am 32 weeks and my oelvis and tail bone r killing me my so my doc reccomended me to get one
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 2:50 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Ooh, I JUST deflated my exercise ball! Packing up for a move. Oddly, though, the last couple days I've had NO pain. Can't figure out what I've done differently, except I've been sleeping with a new body pillow. Maybe that's it?
    Adelicious

Comment by Adelicious (original poster) at 10:57 PM on May. 13, 2011