Does it seem wrong to get upset when my husband gets sick?

I'm not so much upset that he's sick, I'm upset that he's always sick and he doesn't do anything to take better care of himself so he doesn't get sick so fucking often! And it's almost every single month that he gets sick and he doesn't do anything to change his habits. I'm so sick and tired of him getting sick all the damn time, leaving me alone to deal with everything. I know it isn't completely his fault for being sick, but I'm just kinda tired of feeling like I'm left to do everything on my own.

I know I sound like a selfish person but when doctors tell him what he can do to feel better and he doesn't make a habit of it even after he's well, it makes me angry!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Health

• Not selfish, just overwhelmed and angry. He should take better care of himself.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:47 PM on May. 11, 2011

• No, this is very frustrating.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 1:48 PM on May. 11, 2011

• You have every right to be angy with himSounds like a frustrating situation to be in. Try pushing him to do what the doctors tell him to do...but I'm sure you probably have done that already.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:10 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Been there, felt that!

If you have kids, you need help, family time, etc., not someone else to take care of.

I know if I were my husband, I'd have had a plan to get better, with a specialist doctor, did allergy shots even if he wasn't sure they'd help, even tried some "natural" cures... whatever it took to get to getting sick less often (he finally started on this and is sick maybe 1/5 as much, and those years we missed out on!). If he so much as tried, I wouldn't have resented it but with 3 small kids, being even semi-sick (able to play computer games and maybe do a couple errands, but no park, no gardening, no travel, no zoo trips, no family outings, etc) really limits fun family stuff. I don't know your family situation. It's so frustrating!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:16 PM on May. 11, 2011

• my husband is def a "mans man" but when he gets sick he is the biggest b*tch! its so frustrating! he moans and groans like he's on his death bed...when i get sick i still have to do exactly the same things that i have to do when i'm not. tell him that you care about his health and so should he. you are def not alone in this! gl
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 2:22 PM on May. 11, 2011