Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Transsexuals sue after state won’t change gender on birth certificates. What? adult content

A class action lawsuit was filed Tuesday claiming that the state of Illinois refuses to change the gender on birth certificates of transsexual people unless they’ve undergone genital surgery. WTF? I wouldn't change it even if they underwent genital reconstruction. This to me is outrageous. Its like if I meet a person thinking they're a man but really a woman and she doesn't have a equipment to UGH! Obviously these people are going to be telling people they are one thing when there another and when you find out OMG I never. Wow!
What up with this? What are your thoughts?

Answer Question

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 1:49 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Level 18 (5,560 Credits)
Answers (40)
  • – collapse
    You're an ignorant pig of a person. What makes the struggle that transgender, transexual, gay or lesbian people any less hard that anyone elses? You make me sick.

    Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:51 PM on May. 11, 2011 (hidden) + expand

  • Fuck you. If I meet a person thinking he/she is man but really isn't and turns out to be a woman, that's deception!

    Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • I'm not aganisnt them either but I think trans gendering is going way to far.

    Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • And this directly effects you how? We are not put on this Earth to judge. That job belongs to a higher power. Please find a more positive cause in which to focus your energy. Maybe volunteer work at your church or homeless shelter would put things in perspective for you.


    Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:57 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • I think it is not my place to judge someone who wishes to have their record changed to reflect their new identity. There is some medical basis in some instances where a person is born with mixed up chromosomes that deal with gender. I do think the change would be more logical to take place after gender reassignment surgery though.

    Answer by sneakyboo at 1:57 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • OP, I think before getting so upset, read up on the subject and find out how terrible they feel, and why, how and what would you do if you felt trapped in the wrong body?

    Answer by older at 1:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • So I take it buzmomma would date some woman dressed as a man and not be at all disapointed when she found out different????
    Your birth certificate is there to state what you are. Not to pplay with.
    What is the country coming to? Where people can decide to be a woman with a penis. A penis is a penis and that's it.

    Answer by SeasideNative at 2:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • Like i said I don't what to dating no he'she. 9 times out of 10 they are not going to tell you what they really are.

    Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 2:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • What if you were born a man but you feel like a woman, as much of a woman that you are now? Wouldn't you do anything to feel "right"? Who are you to say that people are less that you are? NEWS FLASH there are a lot of people on this planet and they are all not the same. Thank goodness most people aren't close minded like you. I have someone in my life who is struggling with their identity. For you to say that it is deception or wrong for them to be themselves that is why you're disgusting.

    Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:01 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • Seaside, it goes way deeper than your description.......

    Answer by older at 2:01 PM on May. 11, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.