Maybe TMI but..... has this happened to any of you? adult content

So my beautiful baby girl is now 2wks and 4days old. I was able to have the epidural with my labor but I'm not quite sure if that's what caused this BUT............I have nerve damage in my clitorus! It hurts like someone flicked me in it when I pee or when I sit down! I went to my dr because I thought I had some sort of infection and everything came back clear and I told him about the pain and he can't figure out whats wrong with me..............Has this happened to any of you? any advice on what to do about it?

AshleyMarie88

Asked by AshleyMarie88 at 2:00 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Health

• Did you have a cathetor? I know when I've had to have one that same thing happened to me but it usually only lasted about a week.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 2:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• it mite just b frm everything going back n place....but not sure
    kelleyplus2

Answer by kelleyplus2 at 2:04 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yeah I did actually. Do you think thats what caused it?
    AshleyMarie88

Comment by AshleyMarie88 (original poster) at 2:04 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I had a cathetor and it caused that. Also the pressure of pushing when you cannot feel (from epi) can cause you to push more than you normally would since you cannot feel it. That can also cause it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:04 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yeah they had to turn my epi down cuz I couldn't feel anything and even 2 days later my right leg was tingly and numb. the pain didn't start until a few days after I got home though.
    AshleyMarie88

Comment by AshleyMarie88 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Give it some time - the whole process messes up your whole situation down there! But with rest & time, things will get better. The catheter and the pushing cause a lot of issues.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 2:07 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I'd guess the cathetor probably bruised it. I doubt it has anything to do with the epidural. I've had that happen to me after rought sex lol. It's probably just from all the commotion that took place there a few weeks ago lol.
    Anonymous

• Alright thanks ladies! I can't wait to be back to normal down there! This, being my first child, I had NO IDEA what I was in for lol
    AshleyMarie88

Comment by AshleyMarie88 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I had a catheter for un-pregnancy related issues and that same thing happened to me
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:18 PM on May. 11, 2011

• So how long did the pain last for you?
    AshleyMarie88

Comment by AshleyMarie88 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on May. 11, 2011