Was I irresponsible with my almost 2yr old nephew???

I had my nephew outside eatting a popsicle while i smoked a ciggarette (we dont smoke in the house)....i left him standing by the door while i ran inside for about 30sec to grab my sunglasses....the neighbor lady started yelling even before the door closed...i thought she was yelling at someone else....as soon as i open the door back up she was heading towards my house saying that i should be arrested!!!.....WTH my hand was on the door the whole time and he didnt even move an inch.....it was literally 30sec if not less.....so was this horrible??

macksmom716

Asked by macksmom716 at 2:04 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Tell your neighbor to mind her own business.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:06 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Sounds like a busybody nosey neighbor
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:07 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have done that. REally it depends on your neighborhood but a kid can get taken in less than 30 seconds so just be careful. Now if you had been gone for a couple of minutes, then I would say that she has a reason to get up in your business.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:07 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Okay, I will show my age............Was her name Mrs Kravitz? (Bewitched nosey neighbor) LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:08 PM on May. 11, 2011

• no i do that kind of stuff all the time... i would of told her to mind her own bizz that she dnt knw what the heck shes talkin bout an slamed door n her face lol
    kelleyplus2

Answer by kelleyplus2 at 2:09 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I would have told her to go away. What a nutter.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:14 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Thank you everyone who answered...i did tell her she was crazy and scaring the baby.....we came inside and now she is standing out there watching.....ugh
    macksmom716

Comment by macksmom716 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on May. 11, 2011

• You didn't even leave the door! How is that irresponsible?
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 2:17 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Personall y would have told her to fuck off. And if she is standing out there watching get a rootbeer in a dark bottle and go out with the kids make her think its beer...lol
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 2:22 PM on May. 11, 2011

• you didn't even leave the door what is her issue.. I mean if she could see you & didn't know how long you were gone I would see her point, but sounds like she over reacted
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:27 PM on May. 11, 2011